Things You Will Need
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Cleaning gloves
- Sponge with nylon scrubber
- Old toothbrush
Mold and mildew are two common problems in the bathroom, as this is an area of the home constantly in contact with water and excess moisture. Mold and mildew carry harmful spores and bacteria that quickly grow and multiply, making the bathroom an unsafe area if the substances are not removed properly.
Bleach is a common household ingredient that many use to handle this problem, but bleach is also a toxic, chemically based ingredient. For an all-natural clean, use white vinegar.
- Fill a spray bottle with white household vinegar.
- Spray a heavy layer of the vinegar onto all mold and mildew surfaces. Let sit for 10 minutes, and apply another thick coating of the vinegar to the areas. Let sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place a mask over your face and gloves on your hands to protect lungs and skin from the mold and mildew spores. Spray an additional layer of vinegar onto the areas, and scrub with a nylon scrubber. The nylon will break apart the mold and mildew without scratching the surfaces.
- Scrub hard-to-reach areas, cracks and grouted areas with an old toothbrush. This will let you get into smaller areas that the scrubber cannot reach.
- Flush the area with hot water after all mildew and mold is gone.