Things You Will Need
- Smoothing brush
- Wallpaper adhesive paste
A funky alternative to hanging wallpaper is hanging newspaper. Newspaper might not be very attractive on all four walls in a room, but it could be very cool and attractive on one wall.
Plus, it's a great way to recycle newspapers while giving your home a personal touch. Perhaps you could use vintage reprints of famous headlines, or maybe your favorite section of the newspaper.
- Prepare the walls by looking for nail holes or cracks. Fill them with putty.
- Clean the walls with a sponge, soap and water.
- Take off the electrical and light switch plates with a screwdriver. The screwdriver you use will depend on the screws you have.
- Apply paste to the side of the newspaper that you will stick on the wall.
- Place the newspaper on the wall, paste side down, starting in any top corner.
- Smooth the paper with a smoothing brush. Make sure you get all the wrinkles out.
- Continue steps 4,5 and 6 until the whole wall is covered.
- When you get to the bottom or end of the wall, you may need to cut the paper. Use a ruler and get the exact dimensions and then using a pair of scissors, cut the newspaper.