Things You Will Need
- Nylon brush
- Vacuum cleaner
- Dish soap
- Old toothbrush
Lowe Alpine backpacks are made of man-made materials that can withstand the machine-washing process. However, a washing machine should be your last resort because it can eventually weaken the material and reduce its ability to repel water.
Because Lowe Alpine backpacks are designed for use in rugged trail walking, climbing and camping, you can expect your backpack to require routine cleaning. Fortunately, the process is relatively simple.
- Brush off any loose dirt cakes onto the outside of the backpack with a nylon scrubbing brush.
- Remove all of the items from the backpack. Leave each zipper open as you inspect each individual compartment for items.
- Vacuum out the inside of the backpack with a vacuum cleaner attachment to remove any dirt or debris.
- Wipe down the inside and outside of the backpack with a rag moistened with warm water and mild dish soap.
- Scrub the inside corners clean with an old toothbrush if you cannot get the corners clean with the rag.
- Spray the inside and the outside of the backpack to remove the soap residue with a detachable showerhead or garden hose.
- Hang the backpack upside down with all of the zippers open in a cool dark area with good airflow. Avoid hanging the backpack in direct sunlight.