Things You Will Need
- Moon Dough
- Wide-toothed comb
- Dry cleaning solvent
Moon Dough is a brand of children’s play putty. Prevent damage to your carpet by making sure your children play with it over a non-porous surface.
If you notice it on the carpet, pick it up before it gets smashed deep into the carpet fibers where it will be harder to access. Don’t use water to clean Moon Dough as it will enable the color of the putty to transfer to the carpet.
- Press a piece of Moon Dough over the stain on the carpet to pick up as much of the Moon Dough stain as possible. Continue until the stain is gone.
- Run a wide toothed comb or stiff plastic brush through the carpet to dislodge any pieces of the dough that are still stuck to the carpet fibers and vacuum. Continue until the Moon Dough is completely gone.
- Vacuum the area to remove any remaining Moon Dough.
- Blot dry cleaning solvent on the area to remove the rest of the stain.
- Rinse the area with water from a damp cloth and blot it dry. Repeat the process until the area is rinsed and feels like the surrounding carpet.