How to Reset the LCD Home Screen on a GE Profile Refrigerator
Many high-end models of GE Profile refrigerators utilize LCD displays on their ice and water dispensers. The display not only allows you to choose your ice type but also allows you to adjust the temperature of the refrigerator and freezer.
Some models of GE Profile refrigerators even allow you to upload photos to the display that play in a sideshow. If the your GE Profile refrigerator's LCD display screen malfunctions, often the best course of action is to reset the entire refrigerator, which in turn resets the LCD screen.
Securely close both the refrigerator and freezer doors.
Pull the refrigerator away from the wall so that the rear is accessible.
Unplug the refrigerator and allow it to remain unplugged for at least one minute.
Plug the refrigerator's power cord back into the wall and push the refrigerator back against the wall.
If you can not move the refrigerator, turn off the refrigerator breaker in your service panel and allow it to remain off for at least one minute.
- How do I Clean a Polar Water Dispenser With Vinegar?
- How to Reset a Refrigerator's Defrost Control on a GE Monogram
- How to Remove the Front Panel on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- How to Install a Thermostat on a Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator
- How to Replace the Bulb in a GE Refrigerator
- How to Adjust Refrigerator Door Hinges