How to Remove a GE Profile Refrigerator's Dispenser Panel
General Electric refrigerators are available in many styles, including side-by-side, top-mount, bottom-mount and French door. Side-by-side and French door models have an ice and water dispenser built into the front of the door, which allow you to fill a glass with ice and water. If the dispenser malfunctions, you must remove it from the refrigerator to repair or replace. Before removing the dispenser housing itself, you must remove the control panel, located at the top of the dispenser. Unlike many other brands of refrigerators, the control panel of the dispenser is not secured using screws. Instead, it snaps onto the front of the dispenser housing.
Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet or turn off the refrigerator breaker in your home's service panel.
Grasp the control panel by the bottom, then pull the bottom away from the dispenser. Once the bottom is released, pull the top away from the dispenser.
Remove the wire connectors connected to the rear of the panel. Simply depress the tab on each connector and pull all off the terminals. Once the wire connectors are removed, set the control panel aside to continue disassembling the dispenser as applicable to your repair.
- How to Adjust Rollers on a Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Remove an Amana Refrigerator Freezer Drawer
- How to Reset a Refrigerator's Defrost Control on a GE Monogram
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Shelves in a Frigidaire Freezer