How to Remove an Amana Refrigerator Freezer Drawer
Amana manufactures side-by-side refrigerators with the freezer on the left, as well as refrigerators with freezer access at the bottom of the appliance. Both styles include freezer drawers for organizing frozen foods. The drawers pull out quickly for removal and cleaning. No special tools are required.
Open the freezer door, either on the left of the appliance or at the bottom, depending on your Amana model.
Pull a drawer forward as far as it will extend.
Lift the drawer at an angle back toward the freezer to disengage the drawer from the slide tracks and pull it off to remove it from the Amana refrigerator.
Pull the baskets in an Amana refrigerator bottom freezer forward and lift straight out.
Reinsert the drawer by tilting the top back edge down and into the track guides, then lower the drawer until it is horizontal and push straight back.
James Clark began his career in 1985. He has written about electronics, appliance repair and outdoor topics for a variety of publications and websites. He has more than four years of experience in appliance and electrical repairs. Clark holds a bachelor's degree in political science.
- How to Clean the Coils on a KitchenAid Superba Refrigerator
- How to Take Apart a Frigidaire Vegetable Drawer
- How to Level an Electrolux Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- How to Adjust Rollers on a Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- How to Remove a Samsung RF217 Ice Maker
- How to Remove a Drawer From a Electrolux Refrigerator