How to Remove the Filter in a Whirlpool Quiet Plus Dishwasher
The Whirlpool Quiet Plus Dishwasher is equipped with a filter cylinder that fits into the bottom interior of the appliance. The cylinder screen prevents food debris and grime from washing into the drain pump and plumbing. This helps stop clogs.
Whirlpool recommends removing and cleaning the filter once a month when using the Quiet Plus daily. Clean the filter more frequently if you wash dishes two or more times a day. Removing the filter takes only a few seconds without any tools or special materials.
Push up on the lock button recessed into the top of the Whirlpool door to open the appliance, which stops running if it is in the middle of a wash cycle.
Lower the door and pull the bottom dish rack forward so it rests on top of the door.
Turn the round filter screen in the bottom of the Whirlpool counterclockwise one-half turn to disengage the part from the interior cabinet.
Pull the filter cylinder straight up and remove it from the Whirlpool for cleaning or replacement.
James Clark began his career in 1985. He has written about electronics, appliance repair and outdoor topics for a variety of publications and websites. He has more than four years of experience in appliance and electrical repairs. Clark holds a bachelor's degree in political science.
- How to Troubleshoot No Power and the Water Not Draining in a KitchenAid Dishwasher
- How to Install an Air Filter in a American Standard Freedom 80 Gas Furnace
- How to Reset a Brita Ultramax Indicator
- How to Clean a Maytag Washer
- How to Clean Filters on a Bissell PowerForce Bagless Vacuum
- How to Change a Filter on a Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher