How to Remove the Screen on a Whirlpool Estate Dishwasher
The Estate dishwasher is part of Whirlpool's economy line of appliances. A filter screen inside the dishwasher, at the bottom, catches food particles and debris during the wash cycle, preventing this material from stopping up the drain or clogging pipes. With normal operation, Whirlpool recommends cleaning the screen once a week. Large items caught in the screen can be removed by hand. For a more thorough cleaning, the screen can be removed in seconds for scrubbing.
Push up on the latch at the top of the Estate door to unlock the appliance.
Lower the door to the horizontal position and pull out the bottom rack.
Pull out the kidney-shaped screen on the interior bottom of the Estate, near the back of the appliance. Rotate the washer arm, if necessary, to get it out of the way.
Scrub the screen in cold water with the nylon scrub brush and liquid soap to remove food particles. Rinse the soap from the screen.
Snap the screen back into its compartment inside the Estate. Slide in the bottom rack and close the door.
James Clark began his career in 1985. He has written about electronics, appliance repair and outdoor topics for a variety of publications and websites. He has more than four years of experience in appliance and electrical repairs. Clark holds a bachelor's degree in political science.
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Remove a Kenmore Elite HE4T Front Panel With a Pedestal
- How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
- How to Clean a GE Profile Dishwasher with White Vinegar
- How to Change the Drum Bearing in a Frigidaire Affinity Dryer
- How to Find the Model Number for a Maytag Oversize Capacity Plus & Quiet Plus