- Purchase the LED light strips. TRETTIOEN LED strips include four light strips connected together, a power adapter and rocker switch all in one kit. Buy TRETTIOEN light strips at IKEA and other lighting stores.
- Remove the TV from the entertainment center. Pull the entertainment center away from the wall. If the entertainment center has a cardboard backing, remove it from the area around the TV.
- Line the back of the shelves and the sides around the area where the TV sets with the LED strips.
- Screw the small clamps into the entertainment center to hold the LED strips in place. Use three clamps per light strip.
- Screw the rocker switch onto the entertainment center. The best place to attach the switch is on the shelf with the TV or an easily accessible area.
- Plug the lights into an electrical outlet. Push the entertainment center back into place and replace the TV.
- Purchase a similar LED light strip kit or buy the pieces separately.