Fighting aphids on your water lilies
- Spray aphids with this homemade mixture when you notice aphids on your water lilies.
- Mix one to two and one half teaspoons of the detergent oil mix with one cup of water.
- Spray the water lilies using a hand sprayer.
- Do not remove the water lilies from the pond unless you have a heavy infestation of aphids.
- Do a thorough soaking on the bottom of the pads as well as on top if you have a heavy infestation. If you spray the bottom of the leaves, remove the plant from the water.
- Replace the lily immediately after spraying. Do not allow it to dry out or you may kill the plant.
- Spray your lilies every ten days until the aphids are gone.
Things You Will Need
- One tablespoon of dishwashing detergent
- • One cup of cooking oil
- • Hand sprayer
- This mixture will not hurt your pond, other plants or fish.