- Open the well cap. A simple hex nut holds most well caps in place, so all you need for this step is the properly sized socket wrench.
- Pull the old submersible pump out of the well casing. With a shallow well, say around 50 to 100 feet or so, you may be able to pull it out by hand. Use a winch to pull the submersible pump out of the well for anything deeper than this
- Detach the old submersible pump from the discharge line. This is a flexible heavy duty line attached to the top of the pump. This line runs through a pitless adapter casing below the frost line to the tank in your home.
- [Select a submersible pump](https://homesteady.com/how-5924211-select-submersible-pump.html) that is proper for your conditions. For instance, a deep well may need a high powered pump to make sure the pump overcomes gravity. You also need to look at the GPM or the gallons per minute rating on the pump to be sure it has the needed flow rate.
- Install the pump according to the manufacturer's specific directions. Be sure to follow frost line recommendations.
- Dump a cup of bleach down the well to sanitize it and slowly lower the submersible pump down the well casing. Use a winch if necessary. Then replace the well cap.
How to Install a Well Water Submersible Pump
When your submersible well pump goes out and you suddenly have no water, you realize how much your life depends on the liquid. Whether you have a deep or shallow well, you need certain tools and knowledge to replace a submersible pump. Here is how to install a well water submersible pump to get your household back up and running again.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace Jet Deep-Well Foot Pump Valves
- How to Unclog a Well-Water Pump
- How to Use Window Wells to Prevent Water in the Basement
- How Do I Release a Pitless Adapter in a PVC Deep Well Pipe?
- Why Does My Well Water Smell Like Chlorine?
- Below Ground Well Pressure Tank Installation
- How to Install a Galvanized Water Tank
- Pump Depth Setting in a Water Well
- How to Dig a Window Well
- How to Check the Water Level in a Water Well
- How to Locate a Water Well
- How to Clean a GE Water Softener
- How to Calculate Gravel Needed to Fill a Fire Pit
- Will Salt Water Corrode Sump Pumps?