- Using a towel and a mild soap solution (do not use detergent), wipe the entire vinyl portion of the cover. This should be performed a couple of times per month.
- Maintain proper hot tub chemistry to avoid excessive chemical build up on the cover. This is very important. If the water chemistry is not balanced properly then the vapors being produced are corrosive. The corrosive vapors will eat at your hot tub cover and decrease its longevity.
- Wipe off any chemical residue as it appears, every chance you get, to make cleaning easier in the future. The chemicals can cause the hot tub cover to become porous. This would allow moisture to penetrate the EPS core.
- Clean just inside the zipper area at least twice per year. This is a hiding place for mildew to accumulate.
- Flip your EPS cores once per year. This helps eliminate moisture buildup in the EPS core.
Things You Will Need
- Clean towels
- Chlorine solution
- Never sit or stand on your hot tub cover.