- First, remove the rust by scrubbing the areas affected with rust with the metal pad. Make sure to get all affected areas. If there are areas that cannot be removed with the pad, use the fine sand paper to remover the rest. This may take some time, and a lot of elbow grease.
- Next, prime the area that you have scrubbed down to prevent any further rusting of the chairs.
- Last, repaint the areas that have been primed. This should protect the metal from rusting again. If you see this happen again repeat steps to protect the chairs.
Things You Will Need
- fine sand paper
- metal scrub pad
- primer paint
- If there is no paint on the metal, make sure that a clear coat of paint is placed on the chairs to prevent rusting.
- These steps can be used on metal folding chairs as well.