How to Cook With Infrared Ovens
Cooking with infrared ovens is a cross between using a microwave and a traditional oven. The infrared rays heat the food directly like the rays in a microwave do. The difference is that once they hit the food they cook it from the outside in. This results in foods that have a texture and crispness that are like those cooked in a regular oven. The infrared oven can be used for baking and roasting. It will cook food approximately 40% faster than a traditional oven.
- Place the food to be cooked on an oven proof pan or dish. Either metal or ceramic can be used, just as in a regular oven. Bread or pizza can be placed on aluminum foil.
- Place the food into the cold oven. There is no preheating required with an infrared oven.
- Set the temperature and time according to the instructions for the specific oven. Some ovens have buttons that are preset for certain foods.
- Test your food to see if it is done as you normally would.
Things You Will Need
- Infrared oven Oven-safe baking pan or dish
- If your oven does not list a time for what you are cooking, reduce the time that it would take in a regular oven by 40%. The oven works by lights that cycle off and on; this cycling is normal. It is great for reheating leftover pizza.
- Foods and their containers will be hot.