- Thoroughly clean the gasket and the fridge or freezer edge where the gasket touches using the glass cleaner and paper towels making sure that where the two meet is free of any dirt or anything that may interfere with the seal.
- Using your finger tip, generously coat the gasket on the appliance doors with the petroleum jelly. Making sure the gasket is covered thoroughly and on all edges. The gasket should have an even coat from edge to edge.
- Close the door and then wipe the edges of the closed door gaskets to remove any little bits of the petroleum jelly that may have gotten on the outside edges.
Things You Will Need
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Window Cleaner
- Paper Towels
- Periodically add a light coat of the petroleum jelly if you notice the seal loosing some of it's adhesion. This simple fix really does make a difference, good luck.