- Take a piece of felt and set it on the floor, placing your chair leg on top. Trace around the chair leg to make pattern, and cut out number of felt pads needed for your chairs. (You can also use left over peices of fleece from an old scarf.)
- Using a piece of fabric, cut a 4" circle. You can use a vegetable can to guide you. Cut out same number of fabric circles as the number of felt pieces. (Assuming your chair legs are round.)
- Turn chair over, place a felt pad on bottom of leg. Then place your fabric circle on top and hold around the leg. Take a rubber band and wrap around the leg to hold fabric in place.
- Repeat step 3 until all chair legs are covered. Rubber bands hold fabric and felt in place, unlike stick on felt pads, they won't fall off.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber bands
- Choose a fabric close to the color of your chair legs to be less noticeable.
- Take felt chair floor protectors off when needing washing and put back on.
- Use recycled rubber bands from off of your daily or weekly newspaper delivery.