- Remove the brass handles from the cabinet or door.
- Place the brass handles in a saucepan full of ketchup.
- Bring the ketchup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the knobs appear shiny.
- Rinse and dry the knobs before reattaching them.
Use Vinegar and Salt
- Remove handles from cabinets.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and salt.
- Soak handles in solution for at least thirty minutes.
- Remove handles and brush clean. Dry and polish with a clean cloth before reattaching.
Use a Commercial Product
- Apply Brasso or another commercial metal polish to a soft, absorbent rag. Use just enough to slightly moisten the entire rag.
- Let the rag sit for 24 hours in a well-ventilated area.
- Polish the handles with the rag.
Things You Will Need
- If you cannot remove the handle, place masking tape on the wood around the handle. Oftentimes, you can clean brass handles without using any products. Simply rub the handle vigorously with a clean rag to shine it.