Things You Will Need
- Glass pan
- Aluminum foil
- Soft cloth
Silver has to be cleaned on a regular basis or it can start to look dull. You can clean silver with special polish that is sold at jewelry stores or you can use household products.
Tide detergent is a product that can clean silver safely. It's important to be careful when using household products to clean silver as it can easily scratch.
- Line the bottom of a glass pan with aluminum foil.
- Fill the pan with hot water.
- Pour 2 tsp. Tide laundry detergent into the water.
- Stir the detergent into the water until it has completely dissolved.
- Place the silver into the pan so it is completely submerged. Let the silver soak for two minutes.
- Dry the silver with a soft cloth when it is finished soaking.