- Visit ABC.com's "Extreme Makeover" website. Find the page with the application listings.
- Download the version of the application best suited for your computer needs. There is an application for Windows users and an application for Mac users. You may also apply with the site's online application. You will need to sign up for an account on ABC.com to access the online application.
- Tell the producers of the show why you think your home would be perfect for their show. Include details about the current condition of your home, and how you and your family would greatly benefit from a renovation.
- Add details about your personality, hobbies, skills and talents. Include your occupation and contact information, such as the best telephone numbers and times to reach you.
- Take two pictures of your home that demonstrate the need for home improvement. You may also record up to ninety minutes of video footage. Upload photos and videos to the site, or include them with your mail application.
- Include information about your family members who are interested in participating in the show.
- Note any and all dates you would be available for the recording of the show, and agree to the terms of service before submitting your application.
- Review your entry and then submit. If mailing your entry, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope to make it easier for the company to contact you. Mail your application to: Lock & Key Productions C/O Family Casting P.O.Box 38670 Los Angeles, CA 90038
Things You Will Need
- Adobe Reader
- Digital camera
- There are numerous different television series you may apply to. Use the internet to find out more about your favorite home improvement series and apply.