- Remove as much of the burnt-on food as you can using regular dishwashing methods.
- Fill the pan about 2/3 of the way with water and add a generous amount of detergent to the pan.
- Set the pan on the stove and bring the water-detergent mixture to a boil. Let the mixture simmer for at least 10 minutes, You should see the residue begin to loosen.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the water cool until it is just barely warm. Using a scrub sponge, remove the burnt-on food from the pan.
- Repeat this process for as many times as it takes to remove the burnt-on food.
Things You Will Need
- Dishwashing detergent
- Some people find that using baking soda on stubborn food stains works just as well. Sprinkle the burnt-on food with baking soda and add just enough water to make a paste. Scour the pan with a scrub sponge and rinse. If the mess wasn't too stubborn, it should lift right out.