How to Clean LED Monitor Screens
LED monitors are flat-screen computer screens that display a clear, crisp image. These monitors take up much less space than the traditional computer monitor, making the LED both functional and efficient. Traditional computer monitors are made of glass and can be cleaned with any glass cleaner. LED monitors are made of a heavy plastic and must be cleaned with extreme caution, as using the wrong cleaning products can cause permanent damage.
Turn off the monitor and unplug when possible.
Wipe the screen gently with a microfiber cloth, which should have been included with the screen at the time of purchase. These cloths can also be purchased individually at an electronics store.
Wipe using small, circular motions to buff away smudges and fingerprints.
Spray a light mist of screen cleaner onto the cloth and continue wiping in small, circular motions.
Dry with a clean microfiber cloth to absorb remaining moisture, then turn the monitor back on.
Things You Will Need
- Microfiber cloth
- Screen cleaning solution
- Screen cleaning solution can be purchased from an electronics store. Simply read the package label to be sure it is safe for this type of monitor.
- Never spray solution directly onto the screen. Spray only onto the cloth, then wipe across the screen.
- How to Clean the Air Intake Screen of an A.O. Smith ProMax Water Heater
- The Effects of Overheating in a Samsung Plasma TV
- How to Use Bronner's for Automatic Dishwashers
- How to Charge Dewalt Batteries
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan