How to Unlock a HE4T Door
The Kenmore HE4t Elite washing machine is a front-loading washing machine. Occasionally, the washing machine display may flash error codes when the washing machine is malfunctioning. If you have seen a F11 code or FDL code flashing, chances are your washing machine door is stuck in the “Locked” position. You can manually unlock the Kenmore HE3t’s door if you need to remove laundry from the washer, but you may need to call a professional if it happens repeatedly, as there may be a greater issue with the washing machine.
Disconnect the power cord for the Kenmore HE4t washing machine from your electrical outlet.
Locate the three screws along the bottom toe panel and unscrew them using a Phillips-head screwdriver.
Pull the bottom toe panel off the washing machine.
Slide your hand upwards into the washer’s interior toward the door latch assembly.
Feel around until you find a hanging tab shaped like a tear-drop.
Pull the tear-shaped tab downwards until you hear the door unlock.
Replace the bottom toe panel and screw it back into place. Reconnect the power supply cord to the electrical outlet.
Based in Columbus, Ga., Ashley Hay has been covering animal health and wellness since 2004, and arts and entertainment since 2008. She holds a Bachelors of Arts in psychology from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan
- How to Remove the Front Cover on an LG Tromm Dryer
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys