- Read the chair's assembly instructions from start to finish. Note the numbers of parts and small pieces of hardware.
- Lay out the sections of your office chair. Arrange them in the order of assembly.
- Separate the small parts. Match the small parts to the parts list on the instruction sheet.
- Assemble the chair according to the instruction sheet. Read through the directions and check your work as you put your office chair together.
Things You Will Need
- If the directions are lost, contact the company and ask for a new set of directions, or search for the directions online.
- Recruit help. Ask someone who is experienced to help you with this project.
- Assemble the chair in the room where it will be located. It may be difficult to move a larger office chair through doorways.
- Take breaks. This will allow you to clear your head and give you a fresh view of the assembly process.