How to Put an Office Chair Together
Getting a new office chair can add a clean, professional look to your office and help prevent back problems. Office chairs come in many shapes and styles, and many are designed for the user to put together. That saves you money on shipping and assembly costs. Putting an office chair together can be both challenging and rewarding. Once you're done, sit back and test your creation.
- Read the chair's assembly instructions from start to finish. Note the numbers of parts and small pieces of hardware.
- Lay out the sections of your office chair. Arrange them in the order of assembly.
- Separate the small parts. Match the small parts to the parts list on the instruction sheet.
- Assemble the chair according to the instruction sheet. Read through the directions and check your work as you put your office chair together.
Things You Will Need
- If the directions are lost, contact the company and ask for a new set of directions, or search for the directions online.
- Recruit help. Ask someone who is experienced to help you with this project.
- Assemble the chair in the room where it will be located. It may be difficult to move a larger office chair through doorways.
- Take breaks. This will allow you to clear your head and give you a fresh view of the assembly process.
- Keep small parts together. Put them on a magnet or plate or in a bag to keep them from rolling off your work surface and getting lost.
- Schedule enough time to put your office chair together. Rushing may cause you to lose parts or skip steps.