Tightening Screws and Bolts
- Take all of the bedding off the bed. Remove the mattress to expose the frame.
- Locate the bolts that secure the sections of the trundle bed together.
- Insert the Allen wrench into one of the bolts on the frame. Tighten the bolt by turning the Allen wrench clockwise. Repeat this step for the remainder of the bolts in the bed frame.
- Locate the wood screws that secure the metal brackets to the frame.
- Insert the screwdriver into a screw and tighten it by turning the screwdriver clockwise. Repeat this step for the remaining screws in the frame. Screws that appear to be stripped --- with worn-down threads -- must be replaced with new screws.
Replacing the Wood Screws
- Place the screwdriver on the screw. Turn the screw counterclockwise with the screwdriver until you can turn it by hand.
- Remove the screw. insert a new wood screw into the hole.
- Tighten the screw with the screwdriver.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for all screws that need to be replaced.
- Set the mattress back on the bed. Replace the bedding.
Things You Will Need
- Hex key or Allen wrench
- Wood screws
- You also can use a power drill to tighten the wood screws.