How to Troubleshoot Frigidaire Water Dispensers
Frigidaire water dispensers are easy to use--simply hold a glass against the dispenser paddles until it's full. Most water dispenser problems are easily resolved with a few simple steps.
No Water Dispensing
Turn knob on household water line valve to open water line.
Shut the freezer door completely.
Replace the filter cartridge. Open freezer door and turn the ice maker signal arm to the "Off" position.
Turn filter cup to the left while it holding in your hand. Gently pull filter cartridge out of the cup. Rinse the cup for 30 seconds under running water.
Throw away old filter cartridge. Place new filter in cup, with the small o-ring facing up. Replace cup and filter to housing, turning it to tighten. Turn ice maker back on.
Unpleasant Water Taste or Odor
Dispense 10 to 12 eight ounce glasses of water and dump in your sink to empty the tank of old, stale water.
Connect the water pipe found behind the refrigerator to the cold water line for the kitchen faucet. You can usually find the cold water line under your sink.
Use a crescent wrench or your fingers to tighten the pipe securely.
Things You Will Need
- Filter cartridge
- Crescent wrench
- Install water connections with copper tubing.
- If your water still has an off taste after troubleshooting, contact your water treatment center for help.
- Water pressure is sometimes low during the regenerative phase of the reverse osmosis system. This is normal and doesn't indicate a problem.
- How do I Clean a Polar Water Dispenser With Vinegar?
- How to Hook Up a Kenmore Icemaker
- How to Hook up the Ice Maker & Water System on a Kenmore Refrigerator
- How to Clean the Softener on Washing Machines
- How to Fix a VTech Phone: Warning Check Battery
- Instructions for Magic Chef Rice & Veggie Steamer Model FS1