How to Remove a Master Plumber Garbage Disposal
Removing the Master Plumber garbage disposal from under the sink is a job that can be done in less than 30 minutes. The Master Plumber garbage disposal is designed to be an easy to install and lightweight unit with a quick collar removal ring. Occasionally, the garbage disposal will wear out or get damaged from usage, needing to be replaced. You can remove the disposal yourself and save the time and expense of calling out a professional to do the work for you.
- Unplug the electrical cord of the Master Plumber garbage disposal from the electrical outlet before attempting to remove the garbage disposal.
- Locate the breaker switch for the garbage disposal and turn the switch off.
- Unfasten the electrical wire connector that is attached to the garbage disposal, using a nut driver to remove the nut holding the wire connector in place.
- Slide a flathead screwdriver carefully under the garbage disposal ring and gently pry up on the ring, moving around the entire ring until it is dislodged from the sink.
- Hold the garbage disposal ring in the center with one and while turning the disposal with the other hand until the ring comes loose from the disposal.
- Lower the Master Plumber garbage disposal out from under the sink.
Things You Will Need
- Nut driver
- Flat head screwdriver
- Never attempt to remove the Master Plumber garbage disposal while it is still plugged into the power source.