How to Clean a Stovetop Griddle
A stovetop griddle is a great, healthy tool to use in the kitchen, allowing you to cook food without adding extra oils and fats. Stovetop griddles are coated in a nonstick finish, so you must take extra caution when cleaning them. It is important to completely clean the griddle; otherwise, a buildup of grease and food particles could make it less efficient.
- Combine 1 cup hot water with 2 tbsp. liquid dishwashing detergent. Pour over a cooled stovetop griddle and let it soak for one hour.
- Use a dishcloth or a plastic scrubber to wash the griddle.
- Create a paste of 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 cup water if there are stubborn sticky parts. Rub the paste with a dishcloth or plastic scrubber over the sticky spots until they disappear. Dry the griddle with a clean towel.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Dishcloth or plastic scrubber
- Baking soda
- Clean towel
- Don't use harsh cleansers or metal scrapers to clean the stovetop griddle. By doing so, you could ruin the finish of the griddle.