- Put your gloves on and lay your sign face-up on a flat surface. Place your sign bracket on top of your sign, centering it along the body of the sign. Mark the area where the holes are on the face of your sign with a marker.
- Remove the bracket from the sign and drill holes through the marks on the sign with your power drill. Each sign bracket will come with one large support piece and hardware to bolt the sign to the bracket. Choose a drill bit that is the same size as your hardware to allow the hardware to pass easily through your sign.
- Hold your sign on the outside of your fence, aligning the bracket with the holes on the inside of the fence. Thread the hardware through the holes and loosely screw on the nuts to hold the sign in place.
- Tighten the nuts on the back of the sign, using the wrench once they become too tight to turn by hand. Stand in front of your sign to make sure it is straight, loosening the nuts and re-aligning the sign if it is crooked.
Things You Will Need
- Sign bracket
- Power drill
- Your bracket can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, as long as it fits within the dimensions of your sign.