How to Use a Shark Steam Bottle Cleaner
The Shark steam bottle cleaner is a handheld device that uses steam to clean everything from a grill to upholstery and clothing. The cleaner uses tap water converted to steam, and it is small enough to reach nooks and crannies. The cleaner sanitizes dirty surfaces such as bathtubs and toilets without chemicals, and it includes scrubbers and cleaning-brush attachments.
Unplug the Shark's cord from the electrical outlet. Turn the water tank cap counterclockwise to remove it.
Pour water into the fill flask. Pour water from the flask into the water tank, filling to the water line indicated on the tank.
Connect the desired cleaning attachment to the steam bottle nozzle by lining up the arrow on the attachment with the "unlock" symbol on the tank. Press the attachment and secure by turning clockwise.
Plug the steam bottle's cord into the wall. A blue light verifies that the appliance is heating. Wait for 45 to 60 seconds and then hold the steam trigger. If you see steam emitting, the cleaner is ready to use.
Aim your nozzle at the item you wish to clean and hold the trigger. Apply the steam over a 6-by-6-inch area, using a slow, steady motion to avoid scorch marks. Don't hold the steam cleaner in one place for more than two or three seconds.
Release the trigger to stop the flow of steam. Wipe the surface with a soft cloth to remove loosened dirt and grime.
- Allow the cleaner to cool completely before storing.
- Never place your hand over the nozzle, as the steam can cause burns.
- Keep the Shark steam bottle cleaner away from children.
- Don't use chemicals in the cleaner.
Julie Christensen is a food writer, caterer, and mom-chef. She's the creator of MarmaladeMom.org, dedicated to family fun and delicious food, and released a book titled "More Than Pot Roast: Fast, Fresh Slow Cooker Recipes."
- queen anne style bench image by James Phelps from Fotolia.com
- How to Troubleshoot a Cleaning Light That Won't Quit Blinking on a GE 169165 Coffee Maker
- Westinghouse Potato Masher Directions
- How to Ignite an Electric Pilot on a Stove
- Instructions for the Bissell Proheat Powersteamer Platinum 2
- How to Use Bissell's Steam & Sweep
- Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Attachment Instructions