- Mix together a cup of either baking soda or cornstarch with a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. Citrus or peppermint flavors are popular scents. Store it in a plastic container with a lid.
- Sprinkle a couple of tsp. of the mixture in your shoes each night and shake it around to spread it throughout the shoe. Dump the mixture into a trash can each morning.
- Create homemade sachets for your shoes by cutting off the feet of pantyhose or nylon stockings, according to the FC&A Publishing's "Old Fashioned Cures and Proven Home Remedies." Tie a knot in the top of the hosiery after filling it with the scented powder. Once the sachet loses its pleasant scent, toss it out and make a new homemade odor eater.
Homemade Odor Eaters
Odor-Eaters are powders, inserts and other products you can use on your feet or in your shoes to keep them dry and odor-free. Home remedies will help with the problems of stinky feet and odorous shoes and will save you money. Keeping your feet clean and switching shoes every day in order to give them time to air out is vital to help avoid foot odors and will extend the life of your shoes.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Gnats
- How to Remove Foul Smell From Shoe Racks
- How to Install Safety Netting on Jumpking Trampolines
- How to Refresh Carpet
- How to Clean Converse Shoes
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Your Room
- Tips on Luggage Storage
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Make Low-Sudsing Laundry Detergent
- How Do I Disassemble the Agitator on My Whirlpool Washer?
- How to Remove Ink Stains on Bags
- Removal of Rat Feces
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Make Window Treatments Out of Placemats