- Cut the material to the length that you need. It takes about 3 yards of material to decorate chairs that have a back width of 17 inches. You can use tulle, organza or satin to make the chair sashes.
- Wrap the sash around the middle of the chair right around where your back would hit if you were sitting in the chair.
- Bring each end around to the back of the chair to tie it.
- Tie a knot. You can either leave it that way with the fabric hanging down, or you can tie a standard bow like you are tying a shoelace.
Things You Will Need
- 3 yards tulle (for each chair)
- 6-inch to 8-inch-wide satin or organza
- For a different look, tie a bow to the side of the chair.