- Shut off the faucet’s water supply under the sink or out at the meter. Open the faucet to alleviate the back pressure.
- Pop the index button out of the center of the faucet handle with a flat tip screwdriver.
- Remove the handle screw with a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
- Pull the handle off the cartridge stem by hand.
- Slide the metal cartridge cover off the faucet by hand.
- Pull the cartridge-retaining pin out of the faucet with a pair of needle-nose pliers.
- Insert the white plastic cartridge tool by hand. Rotate the tool back and forth with a crescent wrench several times to loosen the cartridge.
- Attach the Moen cartridge-pulling tool to the Moen faucet cartridge, and then pull the cartridge out of the faucet.
- Apply a thin layer of silicone lubricant to the outside of the Moen faucet cartridge and insert it into the faucet body.
- Reinstall the retaining pin, sleeve and handle. Turn the water back on and check for leaks.
Things You Will Need
- Flat screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Needle-nose pliers
- Moen cartridge aligning tool
- Moen cartridge puller
- Silicone lubricant
- Always use the plastic cartridge-aliening tool that comes with each new Moen cartridge.