- Tighten the Allen screw located on the underside of the handle to prevent rocking. If tightening the screw doesn't work, you will need to replace internal components.
- Turn the water supply valves to the "Off" position to shut off the water supply to the faucet.
- Remove the Allen screw from the underside of the handle using an Allen wrench, and pull the handle up and off.
- Grab the bonnet of the faucet with a pair of slip joint pliers. Pull out the u-shaped retainer clip from the cartridge using a pair of needle-nose pliers.
- Place a cartridge removal tool, included in a cartridge replacement kit, over the cartridge. Wiggle it back and forth using a wrench and pull the cartridge out.
- Align the new cartridge in the hole and push down. Reinsert the u-shaped clip and the bonnet. Push the handle back on and tighten down the Allen screw.
- Remove the cover from the faucet handle and tighten down the screws if loose.
- Turn off the water to the sink.
- Remove the screw holding down the loose handle. Pull up on the handle to lift it off the faucet.
- Remove the packing nut from the top of the faucet stem using a wrench.
- Pull up the entire stem with a pair of pliers. Remove the brass screw from the bottom of the stem and replace the washer if the handle was leaking. If not, replace the entire stem.