How do I Clean a Bosch Dryer Lint Filter?
The lint filter on a Bosch dryer prevents lint from exiting the dryer through the air outtake hose and vent. As moist, hot air leaves the dryer, lint in the hose or vent can block the flow of air and reduce the dryer's efficiency, or cause dryer malfunction. The filter sits in a lint filter compartment inside your Bosch dryer, near the door. It's important to clean the filter after each dryer cycle, or before the next cycle.
Open your Bosch dryer's door. Locate the lint filter at the bottom of the door opening.
Lift the lint filter slowly up and out of the lint filter compartment.
Hold the lint filter over a trashcan. Rub your hand gently over one side of the mesh surface of the filter to dislodge the lint into the can. Turn the filter over and repeat. Set the filter aside.
Attach a brush or crevice tool to your vacuum cleaner and vacuum away any lint inside the lint filter compartment or that is blocking the compartment's moist air intake vent screen(s).
Slide the lint filter into the filter compartment and close the dryer door.
Wash the lint filter at least once a month if you use dryer sheets. Remove the filter from the machine and clean it as in Section 1, then soak the filter in a sink of warm, soapy water for about 10 minutes.
Scrub the filter gently with a toothbrush to remove the dryer sheet film that can accumulate on the mesh. Rinse under warm running water.
Blot away any excess water from the filter with a towel. Air-dry the filter completely before returning it to the dryer.
- If you have allergies or other sensitivities to airborne particles, put on a mask and gloves before removing the lint filter. Place it inside a trashcan, cover the can with a lid or plastic bag and carry it outdoors. Pull the filter from the can and brush the lint carefully into the can. Vacuum any remaining lint from the filter before returning it to the dryer.
- If you don't use dryer sheets, scrub the lint filter under warm running water with a toothbrush at least once a year.
- Always lift the lint filter from your Bosch dryer slowly to help prevent lint from flying into the air.
Based in Southern Pennsylvania, Irene A. Blake has been writing on a wide range of topics for over a decade. Her work has appeared in projects by The National Network for Artist Placement, the-phone-book Limited and GateHouse Media. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from Shippensburg University.
- How do I Change the Filter in a Janitrol Pacesetter Gas Furnace?
- Checking the LG High-Efficiency Dryer With the Filter Light Blinking
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Replace the Temp Sensor on a Whirlpool Electric Duet Dryer
- Instructions for a Whirlpool Duet Front Load Dryer Rack W10121663
- Thermador Vent Fan Cleaning