- Press and hold the "Hour" button for two seconds if the clock is not set. "Time Set" will display on the screen. Press the "Hour" button until the correct hour is displayed. Press the "Minute" button until the correct time is displayed. Press the "Hour" button or wait 15 seconds for the clock to start.
- Program the coffee maker properly if the coffee does not brew at the desired time. Ensure the clock is set to the correct time. Press and hold the "Program" button until "Prog" appears on the screen. Press the "Hour" button until the desired brewing hour is displayed. Press the "Minute" button until the desired brewing time is displayed. Press the "Program" button or wait 15 seconds for the brewing time to set. Press the "Auto On" button. The coffeemaker will begin brewing at the desired time.
- Fill the water reservoir if the coffee maker starts a programmed brewing cycle and then shuts off. The coffee maker is designed to shut off automatically if the reservoir is empty to prevent damage.
- Replace the carafe within 30 seconds if the basket overflows when the carafe is removed from the platform. Brewing will pause for 30 seconds when the carafe is removed. Water will begin to flow into the basket after 30 seconds, which results in the basket overflowing if the carafe is not replaced.
- Place the lid in the closed position if coffee leaks during pouring. To prevent burns, always pour coffee from the carafe while it is closed.
- Rinse the water reservoir with cool water if lint is present. Do not dry the water reservoir with a cloth. Turn the reservoir upside down on a clean towel and allow it to dry.
How to Troubleshoot a Cuisinart DTC-975
The Cuisinart model DTC-975 is a 12-cup thermal carafe coffeemaker. This coffee maker is designed with a carafe that seals after brewing is complete to keep coffee hot and fresh for several hours. Cuisinart warranties these coffeemakers for three years. If the coffeemaker is used in a residential setting, Cuisinart will repair or replace a defective unit free of charge. Troubleshoot the appliance before requesting warranty service.