How to Remove the Lid on a Top-Loading Kenmore Washer
Although it is not completely necessary, the lid of the Kenmore washer is removable if you are repairing the agitator or tub. The lid rotates on two hinges that resemble more of an L-shaped pin. Removing the lid on a top-loading Kenmore washer requires that you don't lose the small rubber bumpers between the outside edge of the lid and the edge of the cabinet opening. The washer help keep the lid straight while opening and closing.
Open the Kenmore washer lid and locate the screws on the rear side edge on each side that secure the lid hinge.
Remove the screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver and set them in a safe place.
Insert a flat-head screwdriver between the lid hinge and the inside edge of the lid. Pry the hinge enough to release it from the edge of the washer cabinet. Look for the small rubber spacer between the lid and the cabinet and pull it out so you do not lose it.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Shift the lid in the direction of the hinge you released to release the opposite hinge. Grab the spacer off the end of the hinge pin and set the lid aside.
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Attach a Toilet Seat Lid
- How to Remove Fungus From the Rubber Seal on a Washer
- How to Remove a Fisher & Paykel Agitator
- How to Get Perfume Out of Clothes