- Open the Kenmore washer lid and locate the screws on the rear side edge on each side that secure the lid hinge.
- Remove the screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver and set them in a safe place.
- Insert a flat-head screwdriver between the lid hinge and the inside edge of the lid. Pry the hinge enough to release it from the edge of the washer cabinet. Look for the small rubber spacer between the lid and the cabinet and pull it out so you do not lose it.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Shift the lid in the direction of the hinge you released to release the opposite hinge. Grab the spacer off the end of the hinge pin and set the lid aside.