- Wash and rinse the coffee pot before the first use to remove any packing debris. Place a paper filter in the coffee basket and fill the water reservoir with cold water. Press the "On" switch and allow the water to run through the machine to clean out any debris inside. Dump the water from the carafe and throw away the paper filter.
- Fill the water reservoir with enough water to make the desired number of cups of coffee. Use the coffee carafe to measure the water.
- Place a clean filter in the brewing basket. Fill the filter with 3/4 tbsp. of ground coffee per cup that you will brew. For instance, for 12 cups, measure 9 tbsp. of coffee.
- Press the "On" button at the front of the machine to begin brewing.
Things You Will Need
- Paper filters
- Measuring spoon
- On models that have a glass decanter for the coffee, the machine will automatically turn off after 2 hours. Models with a thermal carafe will shut off automatically once the coffee is brewed.
- On machines with clocks, press the time button to set the time. Press the brew button to select the time you wish to brew the coffee.