- Push the control cycle knob inward just as you would when selecting a cycle for washing.
- Turn the knob counterclockwise with your fingers and unthread it off the knob shaft. The shaft does not turn counterclockwise when it is locked in the selecting position.
- Reinstall the cycle knob by threading it onto the shaft clockwise until the shaft begins to rotate.
How to Remove the Cycle Knob From a Kenmore Washing Machine
When servicing the timer on your Kenmore washing machine, it is necessary to remove the cycle knob, as the screws securing the timer to the control panel are under the cycle knob. Unlike the other knobs, the cycle knob does not just simply pull off the timer shaft. Usually when you operate the washer, you press the knob in and turn it to select a cycle. Removing the cycle knob from a Kenmore washing machine is basically the same as selecting a cycle, except in reverse.
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Ignite an Electric Pilot on a Stove
- How to Use the Sun to Bleach Clothing
- How to Remove Avocado Stains
- How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver
- How to Fluff Down Duvets
- How to Fix a Moen Renzo One Handle Kitchen Pullout Faucet
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Remove White Spots From Hardwood Floors
- How to Remove Permanent Marker From Dry-Erase Board
- How to Hang Curtains Over Plantation Shutters