How to Remove the Cycle Knob From a Kenmore Washing Machine
When servicing the timer on your Kenmore washing machine, it is necessary to remove the cycle knob, as the screws securing the timer to the control panel are under the cycle knob. Unlike the other knobs, the cycle knob does not just simply pull off the timer shaft. Usually when you operate the washer, you press the knob in and turn it to select a cycle. Removing the cycle knob from a Kenmore washing machine is basically the same as selecting a cycle, except in reverse.
Push the control cycle knob inward just as you would when selecting a cycle for washing.
Turn the knob counterclockwise with your fingers and unthread it off the knob shaft. The shaft does not turn counterclockwise when it is locked in the selecting position.
Reinstall the cycle knob by threading it onto the shaft clockwise until the shaft begins to rotate.
- How to Troubleshoot a Home Air Conditioner That Cycles Too Frequently
- How to Reset a Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer
- How to Open the Control Panel on a Whirlpool Washer
- How to Reset a GE HydroWave Washer
- How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Neptune That Will Not Lock
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser