Care of Cotton Lawn Fabric
Cotton lawn fabric is not a fabric used for lawn furniture. Instead, it is a finely woven cotton fabric that resembles linen and is used in children's clothing, pajamas and as quilting material. Unlike traditional cotton clothing, lawn fabric resists wrinkles and has a soft, silky feel. The lightweight fabric is perfect for use in summer clothing or for layering in other seasons.
- Wash lawn fabric in cool water using the delicate cycle of the washing machine and a detergent formulated for delicate clothing.
- Spread out a heavy bath towel and place the lawn fabric on top. Roll the towel to remove excess moisture from the garment.
- Hang the garment on a wooden or plastic coat hanger in a warm area to completely dry.
- Iron with a warm iron to remove any wrinkles that may be in the fabric.
Things You Will Need
- Delicate clothing detergent
- Bath towel
- Wood or plastic clothes hanger
- Cotton lawn fabric is often used for christening gowns.
- It is believed that "lawn" fabric was invented in the 19th century.
- Always read the label on your particular fabric to be sure there are not any special instructions.