How to Cover a Dryer That Is Scratched on Top
Scratches on the top of a clothes dryer may look bad but don't affect the dryer's operation. The thin layer of porcelain that coats clothes dryers can chip or scratch when you drop or drag hard objects across the surface. You can conceal the scratch with an appliance repair paint in a matching color or hide the defect by purchasing one of a variety of cloth dryer covers that fit over the entire appliance.
Wipe down the surface of the dryer with paper towels to clean and remove dust from the top.
Buff the scratch lightly with sandpaper to prepare it for a good bond with the appliance paint. Wipe away any residue with paper towels.
Apply porcelain touch-up paint on the dryer scratch using the small applicator brush built into the cap on the paint bottle. Allow to dry completely, at least two hours.
Purchase a cloth dryer cover and fit it over the entire appliance.
Things You Will Need
- Paper towels
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Porcelain paint in matching color for the appliance
- Dryer cover
- How do I Replace the Dryer Belt on a Maytag Performa?
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Whirlpool Duet Dryer
- How to Remove the Heat Element From a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Dryer
- How to Remove the Front Cover From a Maytag Neptune Dryer
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Check a Frigidaire Dryer Fuse