How to Unlock a Braeburn 5000 Thermostat
The Braeburn 5000 thermostat has a thermometer to detect the temperature inside a building, and activates air conditioning and heating systems connected to it according to user programming. After you have programmed the thermostat to control your heating and air conditioning, you might want to lock the keypad to prevent unauthorized people from making changes. When the thermostat’s keypad is locked, the word “Lock” will appear in the upper right hand of the LCD display on the front panel. You can easily unlock a Braeburn 5000 if you want to adjust the programming.
Locate the “Up” and “Down” buttons on the front of the Braeburn 5000, below the LCD display.
Press the “Up” and “Down” buttons simultaneously and hold them for five seconds. The word “Unlock” will disappear, indicating that you have unlocked the thermostat’s keypad and can now change the programming.
Press the “Up” and “Down” buttons simultaneously and hold them for five seconds when you want to lock the keypad again. The word “Lock” will flash in the display, and then appear continuously.
Julius Vandersteen has been a freelance writer since 1999. His work has appeared in “The Los Angeles Times,” “Wired” and “S.F. Weekly.” Vandersteen has a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from San Francisco State University.
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Reset the Security Code for the ADT Safewatch 3000EN
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Drain a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet