- Put on gloves, protective eye wear and an apron.
- Place 8 grams of copper sulfate into the glass container.
- Add 500 milliliters of distilled water to the copper sulfate and mix carefully.
- Add 2 milliliters of sulfuric acid to the copper sulfate and water solution. Let the components dissolve fully.
- Test small objects by immersing them in the copper sulfate solution; larger objects require spot testing. Use a stiff paint brush to apply the solution to a small area of the large object. Leave the object in the solution or on the test area for 6 minutes.
- Rinse the object with water to clean. Scrub the object with a small brush to ensure removal of the copper sulfate solution.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- Protective eye gear
- Rubber apron
- Glass container
- Copper sulfate
- Distilled water
- Sulfuric acid
- Stiff paint brush
- Scrub brush
- You can purchase copper sulfate at most stores in the automobile or garden sections. You can also buy this product bulk at stores specializing in farming and gardening.