- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda and 3 cups hot water in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle to dissolve the baking soda.
- Spray the mixture over the wood and wipe off with a damp cleaning rag.
- Pour 1/2 cup white vinegar into the bottle as well if any odor remains, as this is a stronger disinfectant that is still safe for wood.
- Spray onto the surface, wipe off with a damp cloth and let air dry.
- Smell to see if any odor remains, and repeat as needed.
How to Clean Smells From Wooden Furniture
Wooden furniture sometimes absorbs odor that must be removed to keep your furniture in usable condition. No one wants to have a meal or relax on a smelly piece of furniture, so deodorize the piece with a homemade cleaning solution that quickly removes the unpleasant smells without harming the wood itself.
Things You Will Need
- How to Clean Mold Off Glass
- How to Paint Treated Lumber White
- How to Waterproof Wood for Below Grade Use
- How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
- How to Clean & Shine Marble
- How to Strip Thompson's Wood Sealer
- Removing a Stinky Smell in Wood Cupboards
- How to Clean Smoke Damaged Wood Furniture
- How to Remove the Smell of Curdled Milk From Wood
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Clean Antique Wicker Furniture
- How to Treat a Cedar Deck
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint