- Crack or open your windows in the room where the smoke is prevalent.
- Place a fan or fans at the window(s), pointing them outwards. This allows the fans to pull the smoke from the inside of the house and push it outdoors.
- Place other fans inside the home, facing the window fans. These fans will push the smoke towards the window fans.
- Turn on ceiling fans, if you have them, to push the air toward the window fans and other fans.
Things You Will Need
- To get rid of lingering smell, consider placing small containers of white vinegar around the room(s) where the smell is. Wash the walls and furniture, as the tar from the cigarettes will stick to any surface. You can also put cat litter in the ashtrays around the home to help eliminate the "dirty ashtray" smell.
- Dust baking soda or dry carpet cleaner over your carpets and upholstery, and allow to sit before vacuuming up.