- Sweep the tile floor with a broom to dislodge dust and dirt from the grout lines. Use a dustpan to collect the debris and throw it away in the trash.
- Fill a bucket with very hot water and add 1 cup of oxygen bleach. Stir with a wooden spoon until the powder completely dissolves. Pour the mixture over the floor, submerging the grout lines. Start in a corner and work back toward an exit to avoid trapping yourself.
- Allow the solution to soak into the surface for 30 minutes. Put on knee pads and enter the room. Use a soft toothbrush to scrub stains from the grout lines. Rinse the toothbrush in the bleach solution each time you finish working around a tile.
- Mop the floor with plain, hot water. Let it dry. Examine the grout lines for any stains or debris you may have missed. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 in these areas.
Things You Will Need
- Oxygen bleach
- Old, soft toothbrush
- Knee pads
- Periodically add a few tablespoons of oxygen bleach powder to regular detergent and hot water when you give the tile floor its regular cleaning. This will help keep the grout lines clean and bright.