How to Clean a Kohler Black Sink
Kohler offers products for bathrooms and kitchens, including sinks. The sinks may be ordered in a variety of colors, including black. Black Kohler sinks are made of either enameled cast iron, vitreous china or fireclay. The method and the products suitable for cleaning each type of sink are very similar. Black sinks show water spots and soap scum more readily than paler colors. If you clean the sink often and keep it dry, however, you can avoid this.
Put on rubber gloves. Spray the sink down with a non-abrasive bathroom cleaner if the sink is enameled cast iron. If the sink is vitreous china, you may a use cleaner containing soft abrasives, but avoid hard abrasives. If soap scum is present, use a bathroom cleaner specified for this use.
Wait for five minutes to allow the cleaner to dissolve soap scum or kill bacteria on the sink.
Wet a sponge under the faucet. Scrub the sink to loosen debris from the surface. Run the faucet again, rinsing out the sponge and rinsing off the sink.
Wipe the black sink with a towel to dry it.
Things You Will Need
- Non-abrasive bathroom cleaner
- Soft-abrasive cleaner (optional)
- Soap scum cleaner (optional)
- Baking soda
- Between cleaning, dry black Kohler sinks with soft cloths or towels to prevent water spots and soap scum build up.
- You can use baking soda, with water added to create a soft paste, as a homemade, soft-abrasive scrubbing solution for difficult grime.
- Avoid using steel wool or harsh abrasive scrubbing cleaners on any type of black Kohler sink.