- Pull open the lid of the Goldstar HB-020E bread maker, grip the handle of the bread pan, turn it to the right and pull it out of the machine.
- Slide the notched kneading blade onto the edge of the bread pan.
- Pour the water into the bread pan and then add the remaining ingredients, except for the yeast. Add the yeast to the bread pan last.
- Insert the bread pan back into the bread maker with "Front" facing the front of the machine, and twist it to the left to lock it in place.
- Close the Goldstar HB-020E lid and plug the machine into an electrical outlet. The display on the machine will light up.
- Press the "Program Select" button until the "Basic Bread" indicator light turns on, and then press the "Baking Control" button to choose "Light," "Medium" or "Dark" crust.
- Push the up arrow button next to the word "Timer" to set how many hours and minutes you want to wait for the baked bread, and then press the "Start" button. For example, if it's 3 p.m. and you want the bread completed by 9 p.m., press the up arrow button until "6:00" shows on the screen, since it's six hours until you want the bread. If you don't want to use the timer feature, press the "Start" button after selecting the program and crust type.
- Press the "Stop" button for one second when the bread has finished. Remove the bread pan from the machine while wearing oven mitts, tip the bread pan over a wire rack and shake the pan until the bread slides out. Allow the bread to cool before serving.
Things You Will Need
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast
- Oven mitts
- Wire rack
- For whole wheat bread, use 2 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour; 2 tablespoons dry milk; 1/4 cup brown sugar; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 tablespoon butter; 1 cup water; and 2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fast rise yeast. Choose "Whole Wheat" instead of "Basic Bread" in Step 6.