- Crack up to four eggs into a bowl and whip them with a fork until they are light yellow and foamy. If you prefer, you can use commercial egg substitutes. Use 1/4 cup of egg substitute for every egg in your omelet.
- Dice your omelet fillings into 1/4-inch pieces or smaller. The filling variety is up to you. You can experiment with vegetables, cooked meats and cheeses to find your favorite flavors.
- Pour half of the egg into each half of the omelet maker. Place the omelet maker into your microwave oven. Set it in the oven open, so that both sides cook equally. Cook the egg on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Pull the omelet maker out of the oven. Sprinkle omelet filling over the egg in each half of the omelet maker. Place an equal amount of filling in each half of the omelet. Place the omelet maker back in the microwave and cook on high for another minute.
- Close the lid on the omelet maker until you hear a click. This indicates the lid is closed completely. Your omelet halves are now on top of each other in the omelet maker. Cook the omelet in the closed omelet maker for another 30 seconds. Remove the omelet from the maker and serve.
Things You Will Need
- Eggs or egg substitute
- Cutting board
- Chop all ingredients the same size so they cook evenly.
- Grate your cheese, instead of chopping it, to help it melt better.