- Remove the Ultra-Breeze screen from its packaging and separate the parts. There will be a screen housing, a vertical latch rail, a threshold track and top track, and a small package containing the mounting screws.
- Determine the screen's positioning in the door opening. Typically, the interior edge of the screen frame will align with the exterior edge of the door stop. Mark the desired centerline of the screen frame on the door jamb on both sides and the top.
- Hold the Ultra-Breeze screen housing in place against the side door jamb and use a level to adjust the housing to vertically plumb. Use a pencil to mark each of the screw holes in the housing flange from the top to the bottom. Set the screen housing aside and use a hammer and center punch or awl to tap a small pilot hole at each screw hole marked.
- Reposition the screen housing against the door jamb and secure the housing in place using the #8 screws provided.
- Measure the width of the door jamb's top section. Mark the dimension on the screen's top track section and cut the track to length using a hacksaw.
- Place the screen frame's top track against the jamb header and align the end with the top end of the screen housing. The corner of the top track is channel-shaped to engage with the slide pin on the top end of the screen's pull frame. Insert the slide pin into the track channel and secure the track in place using the screws provided.
- Measure the width of the door sill track section. Mark the dimension on the screen's sill track and cut the track to length using a hacksaw.
- Position the screen frame's sill track on the top surface of the threshold and align the end with the bottom end of the screen housing. As with the top track, the end of the bottom track is channel-shaped to engage with the slide pin on the bottom end of the screen's pull frame. Insert the slide pin into the track channel and secure the track in place using the screws provided. The threshold track has a beveled edge that must be installed toward the exterior side of the opening.
- Hold the latch side screen frame against the remaining side of the opening, with the top and bottom ends aligned with the top and bottom tracks. Secure the vertical frame in place with the screws provided.
- Pull the Ultra-Breeze screen closed. The handle latch should securely attach to the magnetic latch and hold the screen panel closed. The magnetic latch is adjustable, if necessary.
Things You Will Need
- Tape measure
- Center punch or awl
- #8 by 1-inch panhead wood screws (included with the screen)
- Review the owner's manual and manufacturer's parts diagram to identify parts described in this procedure.